2020-04-11

The Ten Commandments (and 200+ more commandments in the New Testament, for Christians, not just for Jewish people)

I enjoyed talking about the 10 commandments in the Bible with my new friend at work on the way to pick up mail at the post office. Someone said there are just seven commandments for non-Jews in the Bible, but I beg to differ--I think all 10 are for everybody, unless someone offers every day to God as holy, not just one in seven days, which is OK with God too. My dad counted over two hundred commands in the New Testament before he died. I guess the biggest one is "Ye must be born again." You've got the Adamic Covenant to be fruitful and multiply and be vegetarian, the Noahic Covenant to institute capital punishment and allow eating meat without blood, and the four simple rules for Greeks and former pagans following Jesus (and to remember the poor in Jerusalem) set by the apostles in the first Jerusalem counsel by Jesus' (Yeshua's) disciples after Jesus' resurrection and ascent into heaven. Any comments or questions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home